Sofia, February 6th 2014
"FairPlay Properties" REIT was awarded the Investor of the Year Prize in the tourism sector for 2013 for its investment in "Santa Marina" Holiday Village. Mr. Branimir Botev, Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy presented the award to Mr. Manyu Moravenov, CEO of "FairPlay Properties" REIT, during the annual Investor of the Year Awards. The ceremony was held on February 5th 2014 in the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan where the hosts of the Bulgarian Investment Agency awarded the most significant investment projects carried out in Bulgaria in 2013.
Santa Marina Holiday Village consists of 80 three and four storey houses and commercial properties with a total area of over 126,000 square meters. Currently, over 1200 have been sold in the resort an over 134 million BGN have been invested. In 2013, additional investments were made, including the construction of apartments and a retail center with an outdoor swimming pool, restaurant, luxury spa, supermarket, dry cleaning service and four other stores. Year-round about 150 people are employed in "Santa Marina", during the season their number reaches about 500. About 70 % of the resorts’ total area of over 110,000 square meters is dedicated to gardens, parks, alleys, parking and entertainment zones. The village is an entirely Bulgarian investment project, which successfully combines a good business model with proven management practices.
"FairPlay Properties" REIT is listed on the BSE – Sofia on 17th of February, 2006. The major shareholder in the company is FairPlay International with a 57% share in the capital, the rest of the shareholders are institutional investors (10 pension, 17 mutual funds and investment companies) and over 430 individuals and legal entities, retail investors.
The Companys’ projects have received many prestigious awards, including:
• „Company with best Corporate governance for Special investment purpose Companies, 2006”, Investors Association in Bulgaria;
• „Best IR Website”, the Bulgarian Association of Investor Relations Directors for 2008;
• Second place in the Annual rating of Dnevnik newspaper – “Top 100 best companies on the stock exchange in Bulgaria in 2009” in the category “Best REIT for properties”;
• The largest project of the Company – the holiday complex “Santa Marina”, Sozopol with award „Holiday complex of the Year” from the competition „Building of the year 2006” and award for its webpage in the category „Best Real Estate Website” from the international web festival Albena; 2008;
• Best Marine Project” for the holiday village “Santa Marina”, Sozopol – from the international competition „Best Project 2009”, organized in the frame of the initiative Year of Bulgaria in Russia;
• Golden award “Best Holiday Village of 2010” for the project “Santa Marina” in Sozopol from the Russian magazine Homes Overseas;
• Annual Award for 2009 of the Bulgarian Hotel and Restaurant Association (BHRA) in the category “Best four star resort hotel” for the project of the Company SPA Hotel “St. Ivan Rilski”, Bansko;
• Annual Award “Best Holiday Village of 2010” of the Bulgarian Hotel and Restaurant Association (BHRA) for the project “Santa Marina” in Sozopol;
• The holiday village "Santa Marina" is distinguished with the primal award in the competition of FIABCI Prix D`Excellance, April 2013.